Tuesday, 30 March 2010

Marching Into April

March holidays are here! Wait. hang on, I've been on holiday since Chinese New Year. My course is awesome, right? But what have I been doing so far?

1) Sleeping. Yes, I know, I do that all the time. It's just that I've been getting a bit more. I'm happy about that. It means my body recovers faster, and I can thus be happy, longer.

2) Eating... Slightly Less. Miraculous, ain't it? I've actually brought my diet under some semblance of control. Apart from that nice Feeding Frenzy a few weeks ago, I'm done eating my usual gigantic portions, unless I'm absolutely sure I'm starving. Also, less carb intake. According to my dad, I don't need too much extra energy, so I need to reduce the amount of rice, noodles, pasta and other such things. Fair enough. I am on holiday, after all. Of course, I'll still get plenty of meat and fruit. But I still don't like most vegetables. They still taste like boiled grass.

3) Exercising. Okay, I'm pretty proud of myself on this one. I've been rather out of practice, but when I hit the gym or the pool, it feels good to be up and about. It's just not much fun working out alone. And of course, there are those who sleep and rise at very odd hours, making it nigh impossible to go exercise with them. Oh well, c'est la vie.

4) Guitar Practice. I have 3 chords down, but I need a lot of work on my laborious chord changes. Anyone free to teach me?

5) Reading. For some reason or another, I've re-read all my old paperback novels, and most of the hardcovers. Also, the ebooks and the comics I grabbed off some highway. Heck, I even went through the military history and technology books, just for kicks. I used to love reading when I was a kid. Guess that wasn't a bad thing. The bug just left for a little while, I guess. But the bookworm part is back, and I think it's back for good. Once again, that ain't a bad thing.

6) Outings. Gone out a few times with the different bunches of crazy people I know. Then again, I'm probably the craziest of the lot. Heh heh.

So yeah, that's what I've been doing with my holiday time. Hell of a way to spend a vacation. I have a few things left on the to-do list.
  1. Keep exercising. Exercise is good.
  2. Go kick, throw, or punch a ball with some friends. I need the social side of sports too!
  3. Buy some new tuning pegs and strings for my classical G.
  4. Ponder on my choice of Broadcast as an elective option. Should I have taken film theory first? Should I ask to switch options?
  5. Go to the Chili's at RWS with someone.
  6. Go to HRC with someone.
  7. Spend an entire day with someone.
  8. Download more e-books. Read more, read often.
  9. Play and practice on my guitar. Sing my songs.
  10. Smile.
Until we meet again.

Congratulations, J.

No comments: