Monday, 19 November 2007

Storm Clouds Gather, And A Sunbeam Shines Through

Two pieces of news, one bad and one that's very cagey. First off, concerning the BBQ. People are starting to cancel on me left, right, centre, up, down, and middle for good measure. Thus, I am seriously considering reorganising the whole BBQ, or moving it to a later date, namely the 22nd or the 29th of December. I know it's a heck near Christmas and Year's End, but it can't be helped. I still want to have a mega bash, and get everyone in for it. Food will also be bountiful, and I don't want any going to waste. Let's see, what else? Oh, now for a sunbeam or two. My job-hunt is picking up steam, and I should be able to get something concrete by the end of next week. I sincerely hope I can get Rahman a job as well. I would enjoy working alongside a comrade, at the very least.

But by far the brightest sunbeam: I have summoned up whatever inner courage I have to ask her out. I have been near for so many years, and yet wasted them all. But now, now is different. There is nothing to distract me, no exams nagging at the back of my head, no job or task screaming for attention. Just one goal, one purpose, one love. Everything else seems to have evaporated into a meaningless whisper in the breeze. It's funny how it hit me right before the exams. Priorities, I mean. Never mind. What I do know is that I love her, it sure ain't no crush. Not this time. Now when I look back, I guess the few relationships I had were never serious, more just a crazy crush, spur-of-the-moment kinda things. Flirting, at best. Yes, I Love Her. I just wish that someday I will have the courage to say that to her.

Dear God, I've seen what you can do,
I've seen you make miracles and hopeless dreams come true.
You made the heavens, the stars and the sea,
So how hard is it to ask if she loves me?

No comments: