Thursday, 13 March 2008

A Dream Is A Wish...

Due to a myriad delays and distractions, I have to give Tessa her birthday gift on Friday or Saturday. I pray it does not rain. It would ruin everything, again. I have to get a rose as well... I wonder what color I should get? The classic red rose? The graceful pink rose? The passionate coral rose? Or the beautiful burgundy? I don't know. Suffice to say I have to look at my budget, as I hear roses are dreadfully expensive these days.

Well, a dream really is a wish. I guess my dreams are pretty modest compared to most, but I think that with setting targets I can achieve something. Out of sight, out of mind and all that, eh?

On another note, Congratulations to the Region 3/4 Captain's Ball team for winning the 2008 Youth Championships! (And doing it without any substitutes, and no lunch to boot.) All in all, we scored more than 10 points per match, and restricted our opponents to a paltry 4 points per match! A jolly good showing for a team that never trained together(unlike some other eager beaver teams I could think of), never had much expectations, and were generally seen as either cannon fodder or dark horses. We are the little team that could. The Few. I Salute You!

Let's see, now... my back, shoulders, arms, legs and hip all feel like a throbbing mass of pain, but DAMN! It was worth it!

No comments: