Monday, 3 March 2008

Peace In The Living Room

The Cold War is over. The walls have fallen. It took a week, but it happened. A diplomatic breakthrough occurred, sitting in front of a television set watching football. Differences settled, an understanding reached. Not emotional by any standards, but still a resolution. My dad and I have finally made up our differences, and we started by finding a common ground. Football. Manchester United. Both of us are rabid fans, and it was the first common ground rediscovered. Saturday night I flipped on the telly, and was watching a game when he came out of the room to have a coffee. We started talking, and the long and short of it is that we settled the whole argument, he has his son back and I have my father back.

In any case, he has agreed not to wind me up over small issues, and I've agreed not to fly off the handle at small arguments. I have to learn, I guess. Maybe I should stop going into nearly every argument to try and prove something.

7 Days

No comments: