Tuesday, 8 April 2008

Season In The Sun, Part 2

Okay, so today didn't really feature the sun too much, but I still had a blast! Woke up early to check on my shoes, and also eat breakfast. My leather shoes have completely fried off after I oiled them, so after a good brushing they should be ready for use. By the way, I used mink oil, so any animal activists out there, sue me!

Tau Huay outing today. We went to East Coast! Once again, I haven't been there in ages. About 20 of us present. I'm wondering, WHERE THE HELL WERE THE REST? Alright, so some of them (the Hua Yi emos) were certainly not missed, other, more important members were missing. Jiahui, for one. She would have given our enthusiasm one heck of a boost. Had a great time cycling. Again, I haven't gotten on a bike in ages. Ah, all my memories are coming back to me. Those halcyon days are gone, but I think the best is on the way. We had to pay $6 for renting bikes, but it was well worth it, I guess.

Riding the bike proved to be a breeze. even though I haven't touched one in four years, everything just came flooding back to me. Samuel and I started off slowly, but we ended up leading the group forward most of the way. Rode from the bike shop to Changi, then we turned back. The journey back gave both Sam and I more "permanent" souvenirs. We crashed into each other near then end, when his bike gears locked and pitched him off the bike. He hit my bike and I flew off, trying to land on the grass rather than the road. Sadly, it was not to be. We both ended up with cuts and scratches, and in my case, I left a nice piece from my elbow and knee on the road. William was laughing. (William , we'll get to you tomorrow.) We limped back to the start point to return our bikes, and left along with another girl, Sharini, who had also sustained injuries. She went home, Sam and I went to Sakae Sushi and raided the place. 40+ plates between the two of us. Not a bad effort.

Went home exhausted and still bleeding. I got a lot of stares on the bus, and one or two people offering me some tissues to staunch the blood. Like a battleship damaged but not defeated, I limped home to rest and rearm, which leaves me where I am now, in front of the computer.

That's all folks! 'Til tomorrow!

No comments: